For the recent 2016 CFDA Fashion Awards, actress Michelle Monaghan stunned on the red carpet in a sparkling, two-tone gown and soft, effortless waves. Celebrity hairstylist Christopher Naselli, who created Michelle's laid-back look, said, "The unstructured, patterned waves created a super organic style that looked elegant, soft and effortless."
Whether dressed up for a special evening out, or dressed down for a backyard bbq, this simple, stylish look will carry your clients all through the long summer days. Recreate the style with Naselli's how-to below!
Get the Look:
- Start with towel-dried hair, and apply a quarter-size amount of the Nexxus New York Salon Care Exxpand+ Volumizing Whip through roots to set the foundation for lasting volume and movement.
- Next, apply a palm-size amount of the Nexxus New York Salon Care Mousse Plus Volumizing Foam from the mid-lengths to ends to lock in natural texture and dimension.
- Then create three separate braids: 2 on either side of the head and one in the back, starting from the middle of the hair and braiding down to ends, and let dry.
- To seal and set the braid texture, use a flatiron to heat each braid from top to bottom. Undo all braids and use fingers to break up strands to reveal natural, voluminous airy waves.
- Apply a small amount of the Nexxus New York Salon Care Oil Infinite Nourishing Oil to ends of hair to add shine, and finish with a light spray of the Nexxus New York Salon Care Frizz Defy Finishing Mist for natural hold.