At the Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2016 Collection presentation, the world’s largest independent record store, Amoeba Music, on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles was taken over by a band of models dancing and playing arcade games in animal print tailored separates and breezy dresses in Stella’s signature long and lean silhouette. To add a rock 'n' roll vibe, Aveda Global Creative Director, Antoinette Beenders put a "fluffy little kink" in models' hair.
“With a couple of quick poofs of new Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo, we were able to absorb excess oils and lift them away from the models’ hair,” said Beenders. “It adds a lived-in, fluffed-up and flirty feel to the overall style. I’m not sure how I ever managed backstage without it.”
Get the Look:
- Prep towel-dried hair with new Aveda Thickening Tonic.
- Spray thoroughly from roots to ends in sections and comb through to distribute evenly.
- Blow-dry hair with hands using a nozzle to direct the air up in each section.
- Once hair is dry, loosely wrap sections of hair around a 1-inch curling iron all around the head starting at eye level.
- Pull and twist each curl from the bottom to create more of a lived-in and looser bend in the hair.
- Generously apply Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo throughout the hair, especially under the roots and crown to create a matte look.
- Tousle and fluff the full head of hair with fingers to shape.