For the recent premiere of Trainwreck, actress Brie Larson walked the red carpet in a gorgeous one-shoulder gown and chic, braided bun, created by celebrity stylist Ted Gibson. Says Gibson, "Brielicous!! I just made up a word because that’s exactly how this beautiful actress is. What a dream to work with her. I really enjoy time with Brie because she is funny, cool and is a great person for whom to do hair." Get Gibson's how-to for recreating this look, below!
Get the Look:
1. Says Gibson, "I started off by using Kerastase Spray A Porter at the roots for volume and used a mixture of L’Oreal Professionnel Volume Envy Extra on mid-lengths and ends. I did a mixture of that and Rene Furterer Karite Intense Nourishing Oil for sleek shine.
2. "Then, I blew her hair dry with a large round brush for smoothness and slight volume. I wanted it to look like ’70s runway hair.
3. "Next, I did a severe, deep side part slicked down to the nape of the head. To give this look an update, I left out pieces on the side of the head and put her hair in a ponytail.
4. "I sectioned the pony into two sections, then braided them, then roughed up the braid. Using French hairpins to secure the braided ponies, I turned it into a cool bun in the back – for more of architectural style as opposed to a ballerina bun.
5. "Last, I sprayed L’Oreal Elnett hairspray on the hair to secure it in place."
[Image: Getty Images/Jamie McCarthy]