Daniel Jordan, UNITE's European Art Director, created soft, summery waves for model and actress Cara Delevingne for her Paper Towns film promotion tour. Below, he shares how to recreate the look for your own clients.
Get the Look:
- Start with UNITE VOLUMIZING Shampoo and Conditioner before applying a generous amount of UNITE ELEVATE Mousse to the roots and lengths of the hair.
- Rough-dry the hair, making sure to pull the hair away from the root and in the direction you want the hair to fall. Get this right at the prep stage to ensure that the hair will stay put on the red carpet.
- Next, use tongs to create loose curls. Tip head upside down spray in UNITE TEXTURIZA Spray to add texture and volume.
- Brush through with the UNITE Paddle Brush - the boar bristle won’t destroy the integrity of the curl and will create a loose wave.
- Set with UNITE MAXCONTROL.
For a looser, more deconstructed curl, like the one Cara wears below, use the following steps:
- Begin by washing the hair with UNITE SMOOTHING Shampoo and Conditioner. This will tame any rebellious fly-aways and ensure the hair is kept looking shiny throughout the day.
- Spray UNITE BOOSTA Spray thoroughly to the hair, concentrating on the root and dry using a large round brush like UNITE’s 53mm Round Brush.
- Next, loosely wrap sections of the hair around a curling wand for around 15 seconds.
- Run your fingers through the hair to separate the curls and finish the look with a spritz of UNITE MAXCONTROL - this will give the hair the freedom to bounce whilst also ensuring the curls hold in place.
[Images: Getty Images]