For the season finale of The Voice, celebrity stylist Giannandrea gave Christina Aguilera a glamorous and sleek high ponytail. Inspired by modern sleekness, the look is all about high shine, with a touch of playful edginess. Get the steps to recreate the style for your client, below.
Get the Look:
1. Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion throughout the whole length to smooth and protect hair from the heat.
2. Blow-dry large sections very straight with a large round brush.
3. Brush all the hair upward to the top center of the crown. All the sides and back of the hair must be directed very tightly to the top center and the front should be slightly softer and not as tight as the rest.
4. Pull hair into a ponytail and secure with a strong hair elastic.
5. Take a small section from the back bottom of the ponytail and spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray on the section to help the hair stay in place while wrapping around the base of the ponytail to cover the elastic band. Use straight pins all around while wrapping and smoothing it in place.
6. Lightly spray the top of the head with Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray and gently run hands over the hair to smooth fly-aways. Brush the ponytail and use spray to achieve the ultimate finish and shine for a glamorous look.
[Image: Getty Images]