You have the perfect holiday dress picked out. But what about your hair? Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist, Andy LeCompte suggests a timeless, weather-proof ballerina bun to compliment your holiday look this year – like the style he gave Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador Rebecca Romijn at the CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in New York City.
“The best thing about this look,” says Andy, “is that it can balance out the most intricately adorned holiday dresses, while adding a modern twist to your classic cocktail dress.” Not only is it quick and easy to create, but with the holiday season being hectic, this look leaves room for those days when you just don’t have the time to perfect your blowout, or if the weather has other plans for your supposedly sleek end-look.
- To start, Andy applied Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to damp hair before blow-drying straight with volume.
- Gather hair in to a high ponytail, using a brush to smooth out strands on top, and then secure with an elastic. Insider tip: Andy suggests tilting your head back to make sure you gather any strands that might be lingering at the nape of your neck.
- Brush dime size amount of Wella Professionals Pearl Styler through the entire ponytail to make it super sleek and then twist hair and wrap it around the base of your ponytail to create the shape of the bun.
- Tuck the ends of the ponytail under and then insert bobby pins along the base of the bun to secure it to your head, making sure the pins are hidden by the hair.
- Andy suggests shaking your head gently from side to side before going to ensure it’s really secure. Keep the style from looking too prim and proper by gently teasing along the bottom of the bun.
- Spray all over with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to get rid of any fly-aways.
Image:D Dipasupil/Getty Images Entertainment
Related: Holiday Hair Tips and Tricks from Stylist to the Stars Laurent Dufourg | Lady Gaga’s Mumbai Fantasy | Actress Olivia Wilde Arrives at Glamour Reel Moments 2011 | Wella Professionals Announces the 2012 Hair Trends! | Natural Order: Spring/Summer 2012 Hair Trends |