“The Future is in Your Hands” is the tag line of the 2015 Redken Symposium, January 25-27 in Las Vegas, NV, and that future looks bright this year with new innovative products from Sam Villa.
“The Redken Symposium is an ideal place to launch our new products, because thousands of stylists can see the Sam Villa team using the tools and then head to our booth to learn more about them," says Sam Villa, Founding Partner of Sam Villa and Redken Education Artistic Director. Sam Villa products are designed specifically for hairdressers for minimal effort with maximum results.
e that pushes hair, and the teeth cut hair while it slides to the side, so no two hairs are cut to the same length, eliminating any line from the cut. Once the shear is closed, there is nothing sharp exposed to the hair, so a stylist can comb out in any direction with zero drag or pulling.
zing shear that features a 42-tooth radial pattern that eliminates blunt lines and is perfect for extracting weight and adding controlled texture to hair.
- 5.75” Wet Cutting Shear Left Handed - A true left handed 5.75” ergonomic hair cutting shear, excellent for precision cutting techniques.
- 6.25” Wet Cutting Shear Left Handed - A true left handed 6.25” ergonomic hair cutting shear, ideal for use everyday behind the chair for layering techniques, cutting one-length bobs and more.
- 7” Dry Cutting Shear Left Handed - A true left handed 7” ergonomic hair cutting shear featuring a powerful sword blade, especially useful for dry cutting and condensed cutting techniques. Can also be used on wet hair.
- 5.5” Swivel Shear Left Handed - A true left handed ergonomic hair cutting shear with a swiveling thumb ring.
- 6” Swivel Shear Left Handed - A true left handed ergonomic hair cutting shear with a swiveling thumb ring.
Sam Villa Cape (coming soon): A dual-colored, 100% waterproof, chemical resistant cape for coloring and cutting. Use silver side for dark hair and black side for lighter hair for maximum contrast when cutting, demonstrating step-by-steps and documenting/photographing. A visual standard is created so hair floats on the cape.
oking to create more natural movement with soft edges and we’re doing that with compression and point cutting which requires less moisture. The less water we use, the more we can control the softness of the edge – the more water we use, the more straight the line. This bottle does both – it’s ergonomic, durable and gives the stylist the control to have a continual mist or burst or moisture,” says Villa.
_blank">Sam Villa 3/4” Thermal Styling Brush: This brush is ideal for shorter hair and has the perfect combination of nylon and boar bristles with ionic and ceramic benefits to create smoother healthier looking hair in a minimal amount of time.
Three amazing days of Redken education lead by the finest educators in the world is now complimented with innovative tools designed to help hairdressers implement the new tips and techniques learned at the Symposium in their own salons to grow their crafts and businesses.
[Images courtesy of Glow Communications]