In celebration of festival season about to begin, many attendees, including our favorite celebrities, are taking their looks to the next level with brightly colored hair. Actress and Dancing with the Stars dancer Julianne Hough revealed her new unicorn-inspired pink locks via Instagram and her blog, shouting out her trusted stylist and friend Riawna Capri of Nine Zero One Salon in West Hollywood.
To re-create Julianne’s mystical pink mane, PRAVANA stylist Jamie Muniz shares the below step-by-step using PRAVANA’s long-lasting and highly pigmented ChromaSilk VIVIDS creative hair color:
1. Pre-lighten hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and preferred choice of developer.
2. Shampoo the hair and dry completely.
3. Apply ChromaSilk VIVIDS Pink to hair.
4. Process between 20 and 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Rinse with cool water.
6. Shampoo lightly and condition to seal color with VIVIDS Color Protect after care products. Color Protect Sealing Spray is a beauty essential during festival season, as the exclusive sunscreen system protects hair color from the sun and helps prevent fading.
7. Style as desired.