Kathy Ireland is known as one of the most famous supermodels of the 1980s and 1990s. She has appeared in 13 consecutive Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues and on covers of magazines including Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Forbes, Mademoiselle, Glamour, Teen and Seventeen. At 52, Kathy's skin looks healthy, youthful and glowing. This summer Kathy will launch her own professional line, NuGene Skincare, which utilizes human stem cell derived SCB Regenerative Technology. We asked Kathy for her top 5 tips for beautiful supermodel skin:
1. Drink water all day to keep hydrated. I know it is not clinically proven that 8 glasses of water will help your skin, but I am a true believer. There are many good reasons to drink water: It’s refreshing, and it helps your brain function, maintains energy levels, regulates body temperature, aids in digestion, and ultimately keeps your body healthy.
2. Wear sun screen all year long. I am a southern California girl, lived at the beach all my life, but I wear sun block more days than not.
3. I love almonds. They contain essential fatty acids, which help put the brakes on inflammation that accelerates fine lines, sagging, and blotchiness. It is the best snack. Not feeling like a nut? Salmon, tuna, and halibut are good lunch/dinner sources.
4. I always wash my face before I go to bed, but it is hard for some people to do it every night. I have a second set of cleanser and skincare products in the kitchen. This way there are no excuses!
5. Always use eye cream or serum. I cannot manage my skin without NuGene Kathy Ireland Eye Serum. Without it my eyes get puffy, and the lines are painfully present. Our cell-based Repair Serum Technology continuously repairs, regenerates and revitalizes signs of aging making skin around the eyes look younger, smoother and fresher while moisturizing and nourishing the skin cells around the eyes. Just apply a few drops and you can see uplifting results.
[Images courtesy of Kathy Ireland]