Actress, E! Entertainment host and fashion designer, Kelly Osbourne, glowed on the red carpet at last night’s 72nd Annual Golden Globes Awards, thanks to BABOR, who provided the star with pre-event skincare and makeup. To get Kelly’s glamorous look, BABOR worked with Denika Bedrossian, one of Hollywood’s most-sought after makeup artists. Denika’s secret weapon to get Kelly red carpet-ready? “Kelly is recognized around the world for her remarkable rock 'n roll fashion sense and scene-stealing makeup looks," said Denika. "For this year's 2015 Golden Globes, I wanted to start Kelly’s red carpet look off with amazing skin care products to create a perfect base to build on."
Get the Look:
1. Says Denika, "I began the morning with BABOR FLUIDSFP Revitalizing Oxygen FLUID. This beauty ampoule delivers encapsulated oxygen into the skin and gave it a rosy, well-rested glow instantly.
2. "Next, I layered DOCTOR BABOR Collagen Booster Cream to add moisture and plump her skin.
3. "Finally, I used the BABOR SKINOVAGEPX Cooling Eye Gel. With its cool roller ball applicator, it was the perfect way to hydrate and wake up Kelly’s eyes! I keep mine in the refrigerator to enhance the effects.
4. "For Kelly's eyes, I wanted to play them up using softer pastels and vibrant liner. BABOR Super Soft Eyeshadow Duos in 1, 3 and 4 added the perfect pop of color to the royal blue wing and minty waterline. I added a few sweeps of BABOR Maxi Volume Mascara paired with House of Lashes in Bambie.
5. "Finally, I used BABOR Nude Sand lipstick on Kelly, which was simple and clean - the perfect way to polish off her red capet look!"
[Image: Getty Images/Jason Merritt] [pagebreak]
At last night's 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, Natasha Lyonne walked the red carpet in a bright blue gown, complemented by smokey eyes and a nude lip. Get celebrity makeup artist Quinn Murphy's makeup breakdown, below.
Get the Look:
1. Says Murphy, "I started with Armani Designer Shaping Foundation in #4 and applied it using a damp Beauty Blender.
2. "I filled in her eyebrows with Cle de Peau Powder Duo to give a slightly more designed shape and fullness.
3. "For the smokey eye, I wanted to play with chocolate, fawn, and taupe rather than just black. You can achieve a strong eye with these colors but it's softer than black and picks up the warm tones of her hair. I used a black eyeliner only along the top lash line for dramatic effect. I used brown on the bottom waterline because it's less harsh (Armani Silk Pencil Liner in 12 and 4). Next, I blended chocolate brown shadow over the black liner to soften the line and start the smoking process, blending the chocolate shadow (NARS Coconut Grove) up into the start of the crease of the eye. I used fawn and taupe to smoke out the edges of the shadow (Kevyn Aucoin in Fawn and NARS in Blonde). I followed this with black mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
4. "I used a NARS Blush in a light apricot color to add a barely there hint of color. I contoured her cheekbones and along the jaw line with Kevyn Aucoin Contour Powder in Medium.
5. "For the lip, I used a very natural color from Clinique called Whole Lotta Honey. I wanted the focus to be on the eyes and the dress. I also wanted to keep it unfussy and cool by playing down the lips.”
Celebrity makeup artist Gianpaolo Ceciliato gave actress Allison Williams a look inspired by “Old Hollywood Glamour with a rock and roll edge. We achieved this look with a glowing complexion, bold smoky eye and nude lip.”
Get the Look:
1. Says Ceciliato, “For an instant, evenly-bronzed glow, I swept St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion onto exposed skin using the Applicator Mitt to create luminous, dewy skin that just reflects the flashing lights of the camera. It dries in seconds and is waterproof and transfer resistant so we did not have to worry about Allison’s dress.
2. "For a smoky eye effect, I rimmed the entire eye very close to lash line with black pencil and covered the lid with Armani Eye Tint #1 (black) and #7 (gunmetal) to create shimmery dimension.
3. "I chose a beige lipstick with subtle shine to complete Allison’s look. The hue added enough color to her lips without competing with her bold red gown.”
Celebrity makeup artist Kindra Mann worked with Katharine McPhee to create a soft, naturally pretty makeup look for the 2015 Golden Globes. Says Mann, "We wanted a fun and fresh approach for the red carpet to complement Katharine's Carolina Herrera dress. Its classic but playful feel was the perfect inspiration for the timeless natural makeup look I created.”
Get the Look:
1. Says Mann, “I began by prepping her skin with Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield and La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream. I then enhanced her porcelain skin by applying Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in #4. Using Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Glow, I highlighted and contoured Katherine's skin and then applied Charlotte Tilbury Cream Blush in Breakfast at Tiffany's to the cheeks.
2. "For the eyes, I created a slightly neutral brown defused eye using Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Montaigne. A few coats of black Dior Show Mascara completed the eye look.
3. "On the lips, I used Charlotte Tilbury Kissing Lips Lipstick in Bitch Perfect. The result was a soft, polished, red carpet look that focused on Katharine’s natural beauty and glowing skin.”
Celebrity makeup artist Tricia Sawyer created the look for Robin Wright (left) for the 2015 Golden Globes last night, using Orlane products. Says Sawyer, "Robin [wore] a gorgeous long-sleeve, two-piece Ralph Lauren dress that [showed] a peek of her midriff. It has a beautiful, long, flowy skirt that shows off her fantastic legs, so the look we decided to go with [last night] was all about a classic look, with polished, glowing skin."
Get the Look:
1. Says Sawyer, "I started out by prepping her skin with Orlane Brightening Micellar Water which was really great to cleanse the skin but was also really hydrating. Then, I used three pumps of the Anti-Aging Oxygenation System and applied it to her face and neck. I’m a huge fan of this product and use it on my clients AND myself – what it does for the texture and tone of the skin is just amazing! It’s so important to properly hydrate the skin, especially if you’re going to put makeup over it and want it to last all night. The more hydrated the skin, the less the skin tries to absorb the makeup. I applied Orlane Absolute Skin Recovery Masque lightly all over the face, pressing it into the skin with my hands which helps it to absorb better and stimulates the skin.
2. "For the base, I applied the Orlane Teint Absolue in Shade 13 (launching Spring 2015). It is an amazing foundation because it gives great, build-able coverage, but is still really hydrating.
3. "For her eyes, we kept it simple with black liner on top, Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Brightening Eye Pencil in White on the inside of the eyes, Orlane Volume Care Mascara and individual eye lashes to open up the eyes, and great brows using Dior Universal Brow Pencil.
4. "To give some color to the face, I dusted on a blush and used Orlane Bronzer to lightly contour her cheekbones and jaw. Then I went back and dusted Orlane Transparent Loose Powder where needed to keep the makeup in place all night.”
For last night's Golden Globes' red carpet, celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis, for MAKE UP FOR EVER, gave Rosamund Pike a beautiful, rock and roll-inspired look. Says Inglessis, “The inspiration for any red carpet look begins with the dress. Rosamund’s dress is classic with ethereal, Greek goddess elements. The cream color of the dress allows me to play with makeup color. I wanted her look to be a little rock and roll, while enhancing her gorgeous eyes with a soft, smoky grey color.”
Get the Look:
1. Says Inglessis, "I really wanted to accentuate Rosamund’s fair complexion. I started by prepping her skin with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer, which comes out in March, followed by CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 for light, luminous coverage.
2. "I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Small Highlighter Brush #140 to apply CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base to warm her skin, then concentrated on her cheekbones to contour naturally.
3. "Next, I applied MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush #215 Pink Flamingo onto the apple of her cheeks. I perfected her complexion with MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Pressed Powder, which is hands-down the best finishing powder I have ever used. It’s fine, translucent and mattifies without leaving any residue behind.
4. "For her eyes, I started with her brows to frame the face. I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Brow #15 Blonde, to achieve a perfect, natural brow.
5. "To create a soft, smoky eye look I began with MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #I-16 Iridescent Taupe Grey and MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #M-60 and applied it along the top and bottom lashes in a thick, dramatic line. I then blended CHANEL Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirage over the line and feathered it up to the crease using MAKE UP FOR EVER Large Precision Shader Brush #244. On the bottom outer corner of the eye, I blended it using MAKE UP FOR EVER Medium Blender Brush #218 in a back and forth motion. I added CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Infini into the outer corner of the crease and applied with MAKE UP FOR EVER Medium Precision Crease Brush #232 to add depth to the smoky eye look. Finally, I curled the lashes and applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Smoky Lash in Extra Black on the top lashes, and used CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir on the bottom lashes for a sultry look.
6. "I defined Rosamund’s lips with MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil #5C Beige Brown and completed the look with a touch of CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Ingénue.”
Celebrity makeup artist Quinn Murphy also worked with Nicola Peltz for the 2015 InStyle and Warner Bros 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards Post-Party. Says Murphy, "Nicola's makeup was all about the eyes - smokey and strong. She wore a stunning Balenciaga black and white dress and the strong sultry eyes added to the bold look."
Get the Look:
1. Says Murphy, "I prepped her skin with Hourglass Primer. Then I applied NARS Radiant Cream Foundation in Vallauris with a damp Beauty Blender. I framed her face with a bronzy tan cream from NARS called Vientiane, dabbing it on the temples, under the cheekbones, and along the jaw line.
2. "I filled in her brows with Cle de Peau Brow Powder just to add some definition.
3. "For her eyes, I lined the top lash line with Armani Silk Pencil #4 and exaggerated the shape into a cat eye. Next I smudged the line and went over it with matte black shadow (MAC Carbon) to add depth. I then used a matte slate hued eye shadow from the NARS duo and went over the eyelid and from the lash line to the crease. Next I used a silvery white eyeshadow and applied it to the center of the eyelid to give a reflective mysterious quality that lights up the eye and makes it appear larger. I applied black mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
4. "I applied a bit of bronzer under the cheekbones but no blush. I also used Sonia Kashuk Sparkling Sands Highlighter on the high points of the face.
5. "On the lip I used a chubby nude lip pencil from NARS in Bel du Jour."