Pristine, clean, fresh-looking hair complemented the looks at Stella McCartney’s pre-fall 2015 presentation, recently held at James Burden mansion. To accompany McCartney’s luxurious, wearable pieces that encompassed old-world styles in modern silhouettes and fabrics, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders prepped the hair to look gorgeous and healthy and then styled it into an easy, low-laying pony-tail.
“Stella wanted beautiful, squeaky clean hair to complement her collection,” said Beenders. “To create this look, we prepped hair with Pure Abundance Style Prep and dried it using a fine-toothed comb. This created a shiny and healthy style which we then gently mussed up with Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing oil for a more natural look.”
Get the Look:
1. After prepping hair with a shampoo and conditioner like Pure Abundance, mist towel-dried hair with Pure Abundance Style Prep in small sections.
2. With a fine-tooth comb, blow dry hair back and away from the face.
3. Taking top sections of the hair, clip hair to the sides to focus attention to the under layers of hair. With a 1-inch curling iron, loosely curl the under layers of hair, half way to the head. Pull and twist curls to create natural looking waves and set with a light mist of Air Control Hair Spray.
4. Gather hair in a loose ponytail at the nape and secure tight with an elastic that matches the hair.
5. With five drops of Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil emulsified in palms of the hand, gently muss up the ends of the pony-tail and top of the hair for a naturally messy appearance that shows the dimension of the hair’s shine.
6. Set the final look with Air Control Hair Spray.
[Images courtesy of Aveda]