Jessica Chastain stunned on the 2015 Golden Globes red carpet with a modern twist to old Hollywood glamour. Her dress served as the inspiration for her look, combining loose curls with an elegant side twist. Below, Wella Professionals Stylist Renato Campora, who created the look, shares tips for recreating the look in the salon.
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly-washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner to help hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a round brush.
3. Using a 1.5-inch curling iron, curl only the bottom portion of hair to create voluminous curls.
4. Apply Wella Professional LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to the top of the head to smooth any fly-aways.
5. Allow hair to cool for 5 minutes, then lightly brush through the curls to create a loose look.
6. Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade to fingertips and smooth down the front of the hair for a sleek shiny look.
7. Finish the look using Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
[Image: Getty Images/Steve Granitz]
Meanwhile, celebrity stylist David Gardner created a luxurious look for Golden Globes nominee Julia Louis-Dreyfus. See the how-to for creating this look, below.
Get the Look:
1. Says Gardner, "To start this beautiful look for Julia, I started with a freshly shampooed hair (I love the Sulfate-Free Volumizing Shampoo) and I conditioned with the Sulfate-Free Volumizing Conditioner - it's Heaven.
2. "Towel-dry the hair and apply an egg sized amount of Sexy Hair's Big Altitude bodifying blow dry mousse. Comb through with a wide tooth come to evenly distribute and blow-dry section by section starting in the nape of the neck with a large round brush.
3. "Then, spritz each section with a light mist of my favorite, Weather Proof by Sexy Hair for weather help (since it was a rainy day) and also Sexy Hair’s What a Tease back comb in a bottle - LOVE IT.
4. "When finished, set on large velcro rollers, blow-drying each section again from hot, letting it cool in the rollers to cold. This gives max volume that will last.
5. "Spritz all over with Sexy Hair’s Root Pump Volumizing Spray (while the hair is in rollers, always spray root pump while the roots are exposed).
6. "Do makeup and get gorgeous.
7. "When almost ready to leave, take out rollers and brush thoroughly. Thanks to Sexy Hairs amazing line you can literally part wherever you prefer and tuck behind the ears, as Julia chose to, or leave down."