Celebrity stylist Tommy Buckett gave Best Acress nominee Felicity Jones a classic Hollywood look with a modern twist. Here's how to create the sleek low chignon:
Get the Look:
1. Beginning with damp hair, Tommy used the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer and the T3 AntiGravity 2.5” Barrel Brush to maintain volume and shine.
2. Once dry, Tommy created a deep side part and used the T3 SinglePass Straightening & Styling Iron from the mid-shaft to ends to seal in a healthy shine.
3. He then proceeded to backcomb the hair to form a small bump at the crown of the head.
4. Tommy then gathered the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and smoothed the entire head with a combination of serum and gel, creating hold and shine.
5. To finish, Tommy tied the ponytail into a small knot and loosely secured it at the nape of the neck with several bobby pins, creating a youthful, low chignon.
Tools used: T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer, T3 Fahrenheit 450 Flat Iron, T3 AntiGravity 2.5” Barrel Brush
[Image: Getty Images]
Golden Globes nominee Claire Danes wore a soft, simple, elegant up-do, created by stylist Peter Butler. See the how-to below to recreate the look!
Get the Look:
1. Starting with her natural, low side-part, Peter blow-dried hair used the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2. Using a 3-inch barrel curl, set the hair section by section and curl.
3. Pull hair back into a ponytail and secure it using a hair elastic.
4. Start twisting hair clockwise around the base of the elastic, into a pretzel-like shape. Once all of the ends are tucked in, secure the low chignon with 2-3 large bobby pins.
5. Be sure that around the edges of the face, bits and pieces of the hair fall away to create a moveable structure.
6. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to give the look movable hold.
Keira Knightley, nominated for Best Supporting Actress, wore a soft, pretty look, styled by Ben Skervin. Keira’s classic and captivating hairstyle was chic and timeless, and was finished with a beautiful Chanel diamond feather above the bun.
Get the Look:
1. First prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2. Blow-dry the hair with a large round brush. Once hair is dry, take two square inch sections and spray each section with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray.
3. Using an inch-wide barrel curling iron, wrap the 2-inch sections of hair in a spiral down the curling iron. Slide hair off and allow to cool. Repeat this over the whole head.
4. Once the curled hair has cooled, spray Vidal Sassoon ColorFinity Dry Shampoo into the roots. Brush the hair out really well to form waves and then backcomb the roots slightly.
5. Pull hair back into a low, loose ponytail and secure it with a hair elastic. Then, twist the ponytail into a loose bun and use a combination of bobby pins and U -pins to hold the hair in place. Be sure to refine the shape of the bun with pins.
6. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep fly-aways in place.