Celebrity stylist Jill Crosby created a tousled, casual off the shoulder hairstyle for Allison Janney to compliment her feminine dress.
1. Beginning with damp hair, Jill added a generous amount of mousse for control. Using her fingers with a light pull, she dried the hair with the T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer to keep natural, wavy texture. To dry the bangs, she used the T3 2.5” AntiGravity Barrel Brush and her fingers to stretch out while also maintaining texture.
2. When hair was nearly dry, Jill used the T3 Paddle Brush to stretch and soften natural waves in large sections.
3. Once finished, Jill flipped the hair so it was parted on the opposite side of the hair’s natural part.
Expert tip: To take away cowlick, temporarily use duckbill clips to keep down bangs.
4. Once parted, Jill prepped the hair with a light hairspray and then divided the hair into 2” sections.
5. Taking each section, Jill curled the hair using the tapered barrel of the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand in alternating directions, holding the hair on the barrel until heat penetrated (approximately 20 seconds – length of time depends on type of hair.)
Expert note: The T3 Whirl Trio is great for the professional because it’s three tools in one and so perfect for my kit. It’s a compact solution and such an efficient, effective tool.
[Image: Getty Images/Jason Merritt]