Celebrity groomer Lauren Kaye Cohen created the look for Ethan Hawke for last night’s Golden Globes red carpet using Montez Renault products. Says Cohen, "Usually, when one of my clients is in the middle of filming a TV show or movie, we can’t change their hair cut or facial hair at all so that it keeps the continuity for the show. Ethan just finished filming, so he had his hair freshly cut to his taste and we had a lot of fun creating a look to accentuate his own natural good looks."
Get the Look:
1. Says Cohen, "A lot of times, people end up being in a rush at the last minute before the award shows, so I gave Ethan the Montez Renault 3-in-1 Performance Wash to shower with so he could shampoo and wash his face and body all at once which was wonderful and a total time saver. It’s a really great product for anyone that’s traveling or just in a hurry.
2. "Before shaving, I had Ethan use the Jojoba Smoothing Scrub to exfoliate. I love the scrub so much not only for the result, but also because it has biodegradable exfoliating beads and not plastic ones. It’s my personal preference to use products like this that are safe for the environment and not hurtful to ocean life. I also love that it’s a medium grain exfoliator and not a rough scrub so it doesn’t irritate the skin - it’s the perfect balance.
3. "After the scrub, I used electric trimmers to clean up the area around his goatee. Then I used my hands to massage in the Facial Moisturizer to keep everything calm, hydrated and promote circulation. It keeps the skin looking as healthy as possible.
4. "To style Ethan’s hair, I first used a little Oribe Rough Luxury Soft Molding Paste with my hands and twisted it in until I got the desired style. To set the look, I used Oribe Dry Thickening Spray which is great because it doesn’t mess up the hairstyle like wet sprays can. This dry spray holds the hair just a perfect as you left it and doesn’t change it at all.
5. "To finish the look, we used Burt's Bees original lip balm to keep the lips hydrated, but not shiny so therefore still matte and masculine.”
Montez Renault (@montezrenault) products are available at www.montezrenault.com.
[Image: Getty Images/Frazer Harrison]