Looking for a new take on the regular top knot, Lea Journo, celebrity hairstylist and owner of Lea Journo Salon in Beverly Hills, created this unique, surprisingly simple Medusa Bun. Wet hair provides the perfect starting point for this look, making it perfect for on-the-go guests. Journo took several pieces of hair to recreate a coiled, snake-like bun in just 10 minutes. Below, she shares tips for recreating the Medusa Bun:
Get the Look (see steps above: left to right, top to bottom)
1. Starting with wet hair, pull hair back into a tight pony tail. (You can do this with a middle, side part or straight back). Take a rubber band and secure hair in a ponytail to the nape of the neck.
2. Spray Lea Journo Pouf Volumizing Spray or Lea Journo Mirroir Glossing Cream, over the top of the head for an even sleeker look.
3. Next, take 1/2-inch pieces of hair from the ponytail, starting from the bottom and twist into a coil.
4. Wrap hair coil around the pony tail, securing each coil with straight pins. Continue the process, always starting from the bottom of the ponytail (could be 10-15 coils).
5. Finish off look with a final spray of Lea Journo Pouf Volumizing Spray, for shine and hold.
Voila, you have a bun even Medusa would be impressed with!
[Images courtesy of Love PR]