Forget creepy – cute and confident is the way to go this Halloween. From galaxy glam to femininely fierce, these sought-after styles are more stylish than they are spooky. Follow the below steps from PRAVANA to create these must-have, movie-inspired looks for Guardians of the Galaxy, Gamora and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Katniss.
3. Section out from ear to ear across the occipital, apply Formula 3 over the pre- lightened ends and up to the edge of Formula 1. Blend the formulas where they meet.
4. Section the top out, from the recession, along the parietal ridge to just below the crown. Alternate Formula 2 and Formula 3, making sure to create odd sections. That way the same color will appear in each side of the front hairline. Blend the formulas where they meet.
5. In the last, top section, part out about 1” of the fringe in the front hairline. Apply Formula 3 through the remaining pre-lightened ends. Blend the formulas where they meet.
6. Apply Formula 2 through the pre-lightened ends of the fringe.
7. Process for 20-30 minutes. At this point the ChromaSilk will have already been processed.
8. Rinse with cool water and apply VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner. Rinse. Style in big waves moving outward from the face. Finish with NEVO Super Shape Hair Spray and get ready to KICK ALIEN BUTT!
Katniss Mockingjay:strand, then the middle strand over the left strand.
5. Work in this fashion diagonally around the head and into the other side while gathering hair into the outer strand then crossing under the middle strand. *It is important to hold your hands where the braid will rest, so as not to create bulges in the finished braid.
6. Finish braiding through the length of the hair.
7. Secure the ends with an elastic band, leaving a small strand of hair out. Wrap the strand around the elastic band, then secure with a bobby pin.
8. Sprinkle NEVO Lived-In directly onto the completed braid and pat into the hair. Gently pull the braid strands out to fatten and add volume to the braid.
[Images courtesy of Pierce Mattie Communications]