Pamella Roland drew inspiration for her 2015 Spring/Summer Collection from The Gardens of Kyoto, Japan. To complement the designs, lead hair stylist Ted Gibson, created a modern hair look that paid homage to the fierce spirit of Japanese warriors and delicate beauty of Geishas. "When you see this style from the front, it looks shiny, sleek and deliberate, but the softness of the ponytail with the pink cord makes it more modern,” Ted said. “Most importantly, it complements the beautiful designs and can be easily translated from the runway to your way.”
Get the Look:
1. First, Ted created a deep center part, starting at the forehead and continuing to the crown of the head. He then applied L’Oreal Professionnel Gelée Cashmere to the front of the hair, with L'Oreal Professionnel Texture Expert Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist for added high shine.
2. Next, he smoothed it using the Infiniti Pro by Conair 3Q. According to Gibson, “Sleek looks at Fashion Week can be risky because models have already had their hair styled at previous shows. You never know what you are going to be working with and you have limited time for styling. The Infiniti Pro by Conair 3Q is critical for this look because it is powerful, and allows me to create ultra-smooth looks quickly, without damaging the models’ hair.”
3. Ted tucked the smooth hair behind the ears and secured at the nape of the neck with an elastic. Before securing, Ted added extensions to the ponytail for a fuller, longer look.
4. Next, Ted wrapped a pink cord around the base of the ponytail to add softness and texture to the look.
5. He finished by flat ironing the ponytail for a sleek, yet dry look.
[Images courtesy of Ted Gibson Beauty]