To complement the Spring/Summer 2015 collection from Nanette Lepore, presented at New York Fashion Week, lead stylist Linh Nguyen created an effortlessly chic, wind-blown topknot. Says Nguyen, “Nanette wanted a sun-kissed beauty who, in one swift wardrobe change, could go from day to night. This effortlessly chic topknot in a ‘wind blown’ fashion’ perfectly captures today’s modern woman on the go.”
Get the Look:
1. Beginning with dry, straightened hair, apply Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray all over to add grit and texture, and then finger comb hair into a ponytail high up on top of the head, securing with an elastic.
2. Section the ponytail and apply Redken Wind Blown 05 Drying Finishing Spray throughout. Using a paddle brush, tease hair to add volume and dimension.
3. After the entire ponytail is teased, proceed with wrapping the hair clockwise into a “messy” topknot and secure with bobby pins.
4. Spritz Redken Wind Blown 05 Drying Finishing Spray all over to texturize. Using fingertips or the palms of hands, lightly brush at hair to create purposefully tousled wind blown look.
5. Finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray for extra hold.
[Photo credit: Jane Kratochvil for Jane Kratochvil Photography/Cutler Salon]