Last week, country star Miranda Lambert had fans in a frenzy with the debut of her new platinum hairdo to kick of the start of her Platinum Tour. Below, hairstylist Amanda Craig from Nashville’s Studio Gaven shares how she helped the singer achieve her new look.
1. "Starting back to front, I applied Redken Chromatics 8AG and Chromatics 9AB, and equal parts 30 vol. for Miranda’s base, leaving on for 5 minutes. Miranda is a 6/7 base, so using 8AG and 9AB bumped her base and cut out any trace of red.
2. "I then applied Redken Argan-6 Hair Oil for Dry Hair to her ends for protection and shampooed her hair while holding the ends. Afterward, I used the base to cover the baby hair around her face, leaving on for 5 minutes, shampooed, and rough-dried her hair.
3. "Next, I applied Redken Up to 7 and 20 vol., creating just a few highlights on the root. Then, I balayaged Up to 7 10 vol. between foils for pops of color. You can also balayage Chromatics 9NGB 10 vol. to add depth and make the blonde pop. Let process for 20 to 30 minutes, checking on it every 10 minutes.
4. "After processing, I shampooed Miranda using Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen the hair and boost the shine and smoothness.
5. "Before blow-drying, I sprayed Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer, both as a heat protectant and to cut down on blow-dry time. I then added Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow Dry Gel to create an amazing silky blowout with added volume.
6. "For frizz control and added texture, I finished with Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk and a touch of Fashion Waves 07 Sea Salt Spray. Miranda loves her hair to have texture so this combination gives her that rock-and-roll look that she craves!"