In the third and final new, spring look from L’Oréal Professionnel Artists Anthony Turner and Mario Charalambous, writer Chen Ran wears a bold, red ombré swept casually yet elegantly to one side. The look, especially the deep red hue, is mesmerizing, exciting and just a little bit dangerous. Red dominated the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalks, morphing from retro patent at Dolce & Gabbana, to nostalgic and provocative leather at Anthony Vaccarello. For this side-swept ombré look, a vibrant mix of L’Oréal Professionnel INOA red hues were applied primarily through the ends, rejuvenating the traditional ombré. The asymmetrical side-sweep is one of this season’s hottest hairstyles and perfectly plays up the drama of the red ombré.
Get the Look
1. Use 1/8 horizontal subsections, with 1Ž2 spacing on the heavy side of the natural part.
2. Apply INOA ODS2 5.60/5RRR (Alternative: Majirel 5.60/5RRR) to the ends of each section.
3. Apply INOA ODS2 4.15/4BRv (Alternative: Majirel 4.15/4BRv) to the re-growth area and mid lengths of each subsection.
4. Smudge colors together where they meet, as to create a diffused line of demarcation. Isolate each subsection with Sweet’ Mèches.
5. Apply INOA ODS2 4.15/4BRv (Alternative: Majirel 4.15/4BRv) globally to the remaining hair and between the isolated subsections. Development time: 35 minutes.
1. Use slightly diagonal forward partings to create a bob line with a gradual increase in lengths towards the face.
22. Use deep point cutting to create a layered interior.
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Gelée Cashmere to the hair.
2. Create a 3-inch diagonal section, on the weak side of the natural parting, extending from the front hairline down to the nape, and create an invisible cornrow braid.
3. Secure cornrow at the nape, hidden underneath the overlying hair.
4. Blow-dry the remaining hair with a vent brush to create a smooth but naturally disheveled look.
5. Use L’Oréal Professionnel Lift Extrême at the root area to create additional lift and volume.
6. Enhance texture and create separation with L’Oréal Professionnel Lumi Contrôle.
7. Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 hairspray.
Color: Mario Charalambous
Style: Anthony Turner
Image: Courtesy of Bratskeir & Co. PR