L'Oréal Professionnel recently unveiled three new looks inspired by the latest hair trends seen both on the runways and the street style scene. The first look, created by L'Oréal Professionnel Artists Mario Charalambous and Anthony Turner and worn by popular model and socialite Poppy Delevingne, is a fun, bold take on the edgy "splashlight" trend, incorporating bright pops of pink. "Poppy is such a girl of the times, I wanted to create something ultra-modern and even a bit avant-garde,” says Turner. The placement of a striking horizontal band of pink in the mid-length of the hair is unexpected and eye-catching, while the technique of softly diffusing the color on the lower edges softens the effect, making it look effortlessly chic - much like Poppy herself.
Get the Look
1. Create a horseshoe shaped section and secure with clips.
2. Secure all hair above and below the horseshoe section.
1. Pre-lighten the mid-lengths of the horseshoe shaped section to pale yellow underlying pigment.
2. Apply INOA ODS2 9.13/9BG to all hair above and below the horseshoe to the re-growth area, and ends of the hair contained within the horseshoe section.
3. Mix and apply 10g of INOA ODS2 Clear + 1g of INOA ODS2 6.66/6RR to the mid-lengths of the hair contained in the horseshoe section. Smudge colors together where they meet to create a diffused line of demarcation.
4. Isolate the horseshoe section with Sweet’ Méches. Development time: 35 minutes
1. Point cut a long, one-length baseline.
2. Incorporate face framing graduation to create textured layers around the face.
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté.
2. Blow-dry with a medium or large round brush to create medium to large barrel curls.
3. Alternate the direction of the brush to create a soft undone feel, then gently loosen the curls.
4. Finish the look with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 hairspray.
Color: Mario Charalambous
Style: Anthony Turner
Image: Courtesy of Bratskeir & Co. PR