From Fashion Week to every day women, one of the latest hair trends is relaxed, lived-in texture. Rather than washing their hair every day, many women are turning to dry shampoos to achieve the texture they desire. According to Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, "Women are washing their hair less and less now, partly because lived-in texture is hot and partly because there are so many good dry shampoos on the market now."
One of Roche’s favorite products is Pureology's Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo because it contains minerals, Smithsonite, and Obsidian to absorb oil rather than talc which can make hair appear chalky. It also contains an anti-fade complex to prolong the life of hair color.
Using a dry shampoo when working with a client not only saves a ton of time, but it also creates a natural, carefree look. However, it can be intimidating to apply, especially for those used to more traditional washes. Follow these simple tips for best results and repeat as necessary until hair is washed.
- On day 2 or 3 after your client has last shampooed her locks, brush hair thoroughly from roots to ends.
- Apply Pureology Fresh Approach to the root area throughout, holding the can about 6 inches away from head. Be sure to lift each section, so product is applied to the root area.
- Use a blow dryer quickly on the areas where the product is to help absorb the oil.
- Brush thoroughly again to remove oil or any excess product and increase volume.
- Set and style hair, or simply run hands through for a gorgeous, lived-in look.
Pro Tip: "The ends of hair tend to get dry rather than oily with time; apply Pureology Dry Condition to fix that – it conditions, reduces frizz and static and increases shine,” says Roche.
Check out the video below for more helpful tips!
[Image/video courtesy of Glow Communications]