Jennifer Lawrence graced last night's Academy Awards red carpet wearing a fiery red gown, beautiful swept-back hair and gorgeous, custom-created sheer pink nails by celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippmann.
The Hair: According to Joico International Artistic Director Damien Carney, “This proves that there are lots of styling options for short hair, including glamorous looks. The volume on top and the matte texture dress up Jennifer’s ‘growing out’ pixie. She looks divine in Dior; a strapless gown elongates her neck, adding to her statuesque look and the hair punctuates this perfectly.”
Get the Look:
1. Shampoo and condition with Joico K-PAK Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Apply a generous amount of Joico K-PAK Thermal Design Foam to damp hair.
3. Beginning at the nape and working up to the crown, use a large round brush and blow-dry the hair, encouraging body and volume.
4. Direct front sections away from the face with the round brush.
5. Use a Denman style brush to smooth the sides away from the face.
6. For additional support, subdivide the top into three sections and wind each one around a large curling iron, directing the hair away from the face.
7. Emulsify a dime-sized amount of Joico Matte Grip Texture grip between fingers and work through the lengths for control and a “lived-in” texture.
The Nails: The neutral nails, created by Deborah Lippmann, were the perfect complement to Lawrence's dress, letting the stunning gown take center stage.
Get the Look:
1. Deborah applied a layer of Gel Lab Base Coat to make the polish last twice as long as a traditional polish, without harsh gel lights.
2. For a custom look, Deborah then applied a single layer of Sarah Smile, a sexy, sheer pink.
3. She then applied one coat of the sweet sheer pink, Tiny Dancer.
4. To finish the look, Deborah applied a layer of Gel Lab Top Coat.
For more information on deborah lippmann products, please visit www.deborahlippmann.com
[Image: Jeff Vespa via Getty Images]