At the recent 2014 Oscars, actress Jennifer Garner wore an elegant, shimmery gown and loose flowing waves. Joico International Artistic Director Damien Carney describes the look as "casual enough to wear with jeans, but polished enough for the red carpet. It’s fresh and youthful—very relaxed and natural, and works perfectly with the fringe on this silver tiered Oscar de la Renta. Features that could have gone very wrong, but in this case were done oh so right!"
Get the Look:
1. Shampoo and condition with Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Allow the hair to air dry to encourage the formation of the natural texture.
3. Create a low side parting.
4. Create a horseshoe-shaped parting from each side of the hairline that extends to the crown and clip away the top.
5. Working with a large iron on the bottom, wind vertical subsections around the barrel to create an uncontrived wave shape. Vary the size of the partings and the direction of each wave to simulate a natural wave.
6. Release the top and divide into three sections. Use the iron to bend each subsection and direct the hair away from the face.
7. Mist hands with Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax and work the formula into the hair to create movement and definition.
[Image: Getty Images]