At last night's 2014 Oscars, Maria Menounos wore a classic, white dress on the red carpet. Says celebrity manicurist and butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes, "Maria’s white Johanna Johnson gown was elegant and understated so she wanted her accessories to be bold and make a statement. Nails are a really important accessory when it comes to the red carpet so we decided to play them up with a chic chevron.”
Get the Look:
1. Katie began by using butter LONDON's Patent Gel Tops & Tails Basecoat.
2. She created a custom blend for the base shade using butter LONDON Nail Lacquers in Union Jack Black and Pearly Queen.
3. She then used butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black to create the outline of the chevrons on the tip of each nail, using a thin striping brush to achieve the thin line of lacquer.
4. The interior of the chevron was filled with butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Gobsmacked which created a contrast between the base shade and the chevron.
5. Katie completed the look with the butter LONDON Patent Gel Top & Tails Topcoat.
[Image: Lester Cohen via Getty Images]