To complement the "athletic, sporty girl" vibe of Cynthia Rowley's Fall/Winter 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week, lead hair stylist Brian Buenaventura for Cutler/Redken Salon wanted to create "a look that was fun, fresh and completely wearable… down but incredibly dry with texture, almost a new Brigitte Bardot." The result: big, gorgeous, textured hair with tons of volume and glamour.
Get the Look:
1. Start look by applying Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse throughout the hair and blow drying, encouraging volume with the fingers.
2. Beginning at the bottom of the head, create 1-inch high lateral strips and apply liberal amounts of Redken Refresh 01 Aerosol Hair Powder Dry Shampoo.
3. Holding the hair away from the head, begin teasing at the root with a Mason Pearson brush. As the volume is created, spray with Redken Quick Tease 15 Backcombing Finishing Spray.
4. Begin on next strip, working up the head until you reach the front hairline.
5. After the roots are completely teased, add movement using a 2-inch curling iron to create loose waves towards the bottom of the hair.
6. Create a deep left part and brush hair toward the ear, smoothing hair with the Mason Pearson brush.
7. Tuck the parted hair behind the ear letting a few whips fall just in front of ear.
8. For a malleable hold, finish by lightly dusting hair with the Redken Forceful 23 Super-Strength Finishing Spray.
[Images courtesy of Siren PR]