For their Fall/Winter 2014 Collection, Ryan Lobo and Ramon Martin, the designers behind TOME, were inspired by the extraordinarily moving oeuvre of Iranian artist Shirin Neshat and her personal interest in singer Oum Kalthoum. To complement TOME’s 2014 direction, Catwalk by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created an “undone” free-flowing mane with slight waves complemented by an easy brushed back yet voluminous hairline.
Get the Look:
1. Mist hair with water and brush through with a flat brush. Beginning at the nape, section hair horizontally, and apply CATWALK by TIGI Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse to roots.
2. Blow dry section smooth collapsing the hair at the root, while leaving a bit of natural movement. Continue to section and repeat till you reach the crown
3. Next, clip remaining front-center section away from sides. Brush back sides and blow dry smooth to the head. Clip side in place behind ear, keeping the silhouette at the back narrow.
4. Unclip front-center section of hair and blow-dry upwards for lift at root. Clip in three horizontal sections and allow to set for a loose and separated lift.
5. Section the back into three, spraying CATWALK by TIGI Your Highness Firm Hold Hair Spray and using a large curling wand, run it over the surface of each section horizontally to add a loose movement through the back.
6. To finish, brush curls through with flat brush to soften and set with CATWALK by TIGI Your Highness Firm Hold Hair Spray.
[Images courtesy of Siren Public Relations]