At the recent 56th Annual Grammy Awards, singer/songwriter Taylor Swift stepped out onto the red carpet sporting a simple-yet-chic "power" ponytail. The look was young and fun, and showed off Swift's gorgeous makeup. Follow these step-by-steps, styled by L'Oréal Professionnel Artist, Jennifer MacDougall and colored by L'Oréal Professionnel Artist Jason Backe, to recreate Swift's power pony.
1. Create a clean side part and apply L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté to dry hair from roots to ends.
2. Blow dry starting underneath to the top of hair.
3. Spray L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3 hairspray to mid length to ends of hair.
4. Curl hair mid lengths to ends (wrap hair around 1/2 to 1-inch iron).
5. Slightly back-comb the front of hair.
6. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip at the crown to add texture, then brush through while smoothing the part and sides of hair.
7. Finger-brush hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
8. Pull a quarter-inch piece of hair from the ponytail, spray with Infinium 2, and wrap around the ponytail to cover elastic and secure with bobby pin.
1. Wet hair and towel dry.
2. Center part from the front to the nape of neck.
3. Apply DIA Richesse 9N (clear) and 15-volume directly onto hair globally.
4. Take 1-inch sections and paint directly onto hair from roots to ends.
[Image credit: Getty Images and Lee Baran]