Follow our simple step-by-step guide to learn how to re-create this rich, chocolate-brown hair color. Click through to see all the steps. [pagebreak]
1. - 2. Create a rectangle within the crown area of head by sectioning the hair with a parting in line with a midpoint of both eyebrows.
3. In the back area of the head, create a triangle with the base that sits on the short side of the rectangle that was previously sectioned off, with the tip of the triangle pointing downwards towards the neck. [pagebreak]
4. - 5. In the temple areas, trace triangular sections with bases that sit on the long side of the rectangle with the tip facing downwards towards the ear.
6. Once the sections have been made, protect the perimeter of the hair using milk_shake® Powerful Protector. [pagebreak]
7. - 8. Starting from the back, fully color all of the hair that is not included in the sectioned areas with milk_shake® Creative Permanent Color Sweet Chocolate #4.31, in order to create depth for the color.
9. Fully color all of the triangle sections using milk_shake® Creative Permanent Color Sweet
Chocolate #5.14 in order to create a chromatic effect that isn’t excessively in contrast with the other shades. [pagebreak]
10. In the rectangle within the crown area, isolate the strands using wax paper or foil to separate multiple sections.
11. Fully apply Lighblue tonalizing bleach on the ends of each strand and blend in the mid-lengths of the strands that are isolated with the wax paper or foil, lifting the base 2 levels.
12. Finish off by fully coloring all of the hair that is not in the wax paper using milk_shake® Creative Permanent Color Sweet Chocolate #4.31 (used previously to color the triangle sections). Blend in milk_shake® Creative Permanent Color Sweet Chocolate #6.41 in the areas that have been previously bleached during the application process.
[Images courtesy of Z.One Concepts]