Celebrity hairstylist George Gonzalez, owner of George the Salon Chicago recently styled iconic beauty Cindy Crawford during her latest visit to the Windy City. "When it comes to hair, Chicago is known for keeping styles soft and natural. It's the 'girl next door' feel but sexier. A natural beauty like Cindy Crawford is a perfect example of this," says Gonzalez.
Below, George shares his tips for how he created his signature blowout on Cindy.
1. With your blow dryer set to a medium heat setting, take the excess moisture out of wet hair drying tresses until they are damp. Make sure to softly use your fingers during this process and point the dryer's nozzle down to seal each cuticle.
Tip: "The best way to avoid frizz is to blow dry your hair from the top down," reveals Gonzalez. "Direct the dryer towards the tips and always dry the roots about 70% first. Then, you can make sure to control the ends with your brush or even try using your hands to press the dried hair smooth."
2. Next, divide hair and clip into sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free to style first.
Tip: Create a product cocktail combining a leave in conditioner and a volumizing mousse.
3. Taking 2 inch sections and starting at the nape, use a medium round brush to smooth hair straight. Concentrate on lifting the roots to create body and fullness, while using the flick of your wrist and the curvature of the brush to create bend and bounce at the ends.
4. As each section is complete, roll the piece into a loose curl and secure with a clip.
5. Once cooled, take down and use your fingers to gently shake out the style for a signature supermodel blowout. Mist with hairspray for a flexible hold with staying power and enhanced shine.
[Image courtesy of Janice McCafferty Communications]