Create a simple updo perfect for proms, brides and special occasions.
HOT TIP: Redken control addict 28 high-control hairspray is great for updos because it provides a high hold factor for polished styles, yet it’s flexible and never flakes.
• Apply Redken iron shape 11 (to protect, lock in thermal styling and preserve color) and directionally blow dry hair in the direction of desired volume with a Sam Villa Signature Series Styling Brush.
• Working in sections, tap the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur iron down each section to texturize the entire head – it expands the hair, alters the texture and creates a solid foundation for updos.
• Put hair into a high ponytail.
• Fishtail braid the hair in the ponytail with large sections and then gently pull hair to loosen the braid.
• Flip fishtail forward and secure with pins.
• Finish with Redken control addict 28 high-control hairspray.
Zone 1: Redken Flash Lift 9NA 30 vol
Glaze: ½ oz Crystal Clear and ½ oz O9G Shades EQ and process for 20 minutes
Geneva Cowen for Sam Villa – Hair and Color
Hair Assistants: George Garcia, Andrew Carruthers, Tina Calzarretta and Mary Urban
Shalem Mathew – Photographer, Mitch Kitter/Assistant
Paula J. Dahlberg – Makeup
Pasqual Sauvageau and Jeremie Cote – Fashion Stylists