Paul Mitchell named Brooklyn Cardenas the winner of the Best in Blonde category during the brand’s 2020 Color Outside the Lines contest.
Cardenas’ winning look was a “bold and beautiful blonde with a soft refined tone,” according to the brand. She reportedly pre-lightened her model’s hair using the newly enhanced Paul Mitchell Blonde Synchrolift+ and the new Flash Toners from Paul Mitchell the Demi.
- Paul Mitchell Synchrolift+ with 20 Volume Paul Mitchell Cream Developer
- Paul Mitchell the Demi Flash Toner Brass-Free Violet with Paul Mitchell Processing Liquid
Step by Step:
1. Section hair into four quadrants
2. Starting in the back, or where hair is the darkest, apply the Paul Mitchell Synchrolift+ formula to the base and place a small foil or cotton in between each section
3. Let process until hair is a pale-yellow level 10
4. Rinse and Shampoo
5. Apply Flash Toner Brass-Free Violet from Paul Mitchell the Demi to towel-dried hair—start at the base and work into the ends
6. Process for 10 min
7. Rinse and condition
8. Style as desired
Cardenas said, “The creative process is a lot like the blonding process. You start out with unlimited possibilities and work through your inspiration. Then, because you have a strong foundation of truth and understanding you know your limitations and boundaries, you can decide on where you want to go. Now, the key is to have the patience in the process.”