Hairstylist Olesia Vabishchevich recently helped transform her client from faded, grown-out color to this gorgeous, vibrant red. The rich, bright color, paired with mega-watt shine, results in a final look that is simply stunning. Below, Olesia shares her process for creating this look.
Get the Look:
- Says Olesia, "First, I pre-lightened using Paul Mitchell SynchroLift with 20 volume cream on just the hair that was previously colored (left out the regrowth). I left it on for about 20 minutes, and once I got it to a perfect level 7/8, I rinsed it out using the Paul Mitchell Post Color Shampoo followed by the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo.
- "Next, I did an Awapuhi treatment, which is: after the shampoo, I towel-dried the hair, then applied 2 ampules. I left it on for 5 minutes, then towel-dried again and applied the Wild Ginger Awapuhi Intensive Treatment for 10 minutes. The reason for doing this is because I love shiny, healthy hair so after a lightening service, I always put love back into the hair to ensure that it stays hydrated and healthy.
- "Once I had dried the hair, I applied Paul Mitchell Color Xg 6R with 30 volume cream equal parts to the re-growth, then used my Paul Mitchell Inkworks 2:1 parts red to pink and applied on the rest of the hair.
- "Professed for 30 minutes after the Inkworks was applied, then rinsed.
- "I washed and conditioned using Awapuhi Wild Ginger Mirror Smooth. My friend Summer O'Neal created the beautiful style."
For more from Olesia, follow her on Instagram @olesia23.
[Images courtesy of Olesia Vabishchevich]