When it came to hair and nail looks for the 2021 Grammy Awards, the nominees and presenters slayed some of this season’s biggest trends.
From butterfly nails to middle parts to showstopping hair accessories, these are a few of our favorite looks from music’s biggest night.
Lizzo opted for a hair and outfit change in between her appearance on the red carpet and on stage where she presented the award for Best New Artist.
For her red carpet look, Lizzo’s hair was styled by Shelby Swain (@theshelbyswain). To achieve Lizzo’s sleek middle part, Swain used Matrix and ghd Hair products.
To copy this look, follow these steps:
- Start by washing the hair using Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Shampoo, a green color-depositing toning shampoo that enriches dark bases and neutralizes red undertones. Then use Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Conditioner, a non-color depositing conditioner that enriches both natural and colored dark bases by deeply hydrating every fiber, enhancing manageability and leaving a glossy finish.
- Then dry the hair using ghd Helios Hair Dryer to achieve a nice airy blowout. After the hair is fully dried, use Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Tasking Hair Treatment, to nourish, boost shine and smooth the hair.
- After the treatment, use ghd Max Styler to run through the hair for a completely smooth and sleek look.
- To finish, use the ghd Narrow Dressing Brush and Matrix Total Results Miss Mess Dry Finishing Spray to set flyaways with a light, flexible hold
For Lizzo’s on-stage look, Swain once again used Matrix and ghd Hair products. The singer’s loose waves were paired with pink barrettes for an effortlessly feminine vibe.
Follow these steps to get Lizzo’s fun and flirty look:
- Brush out the hair to re-set and apply Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Tasking Hair Treatment for its heat protectant properties to prevent heat damage before using hot styling tools.
- Starting halfway on the head,se ghd Curve Classic Wave Wand to create deep waves and glamorous movement.
- For a prolonged, light and flexible hold to last throughout the night, use Matrix Total Results Miss Mess Dry Finishing Spray. Finish the look with accessorizing with three oversized pink hair clips for a fun twist.
Lizzo’s nails for the evening were created by celebrity nail artist Eri Ishizu (@erierinailz) with OPI products.
The shimmering pink look can be replicated with these six steps:
- Start by applying OPI GelColor Stay Classic Base Coat.
- Then apply one coat of OPI GelColor in Suzi Calls the Paparazzi.
- Apply one coat of OPI GelColor in Not So Bora-Bora-ing Pink
- Next, apply OPI Chrome Effects No-Cleanse GelColor Top Coat.
- Use OPI Chrome Effects in Tin Man Can.
- Finish off with OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat.
Megan Thee Stallion
Megan Thee Stallion rocked a glamorous old Hollywood-inspired bob during the award show. The hairstyle was created by Kellon Deryck (@kellonderyck) with Crème of Nature products as well as Dyson styling tools.
To achieve “The Marilyn Bob” Deryck performed the following steps:
- First, I began with blow drying the hair with the Dyson Supersonic Professional edition dryer.
- Next, I applied the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Heat Protector Blow Out Cream on the tresses.
- Then I tightly curled the hair with Dyson Corrale Straightener and set the curls with pins.
- I removed the pins and shaped the hair with the Dyson Supersonic Wide Tooth Comb and hairspray.
- Finally, I allowed the hair to air dry with the Dyson Supersonic Professional edition dryer and air wave into place followed by Creme of Nature Argan Oil Anti-Humidity Gloss Shine Mist.
Dua Lipa gave us butterflies with her nail art for the evening’s festivities. Created by Chaun Peth (@chaunlegend), the singer’s butterfly nails were created using OPI products.
Follow these steps to copy the on-trend look:
- Apply one coat of OPI GelColor in Passion halfway, from cuticle to the middle of the nails. Do not cure.
- Ombre in OPI GelColor in Halo There! by blending from the tip of the nails towards the middle where OPI GelColor in Passion meets. Cure for 30 seconds with LED Lamp. Repeat with all 10 nails.
- Start drawing out silhouettes of butterflies on each nail with OPI GelColor in Alpine Snow. Cure for 30 seconds.
- On the right hand blend OPI GelColor in Suzi Nails New Orleans with OPI GelColor in Dreams Need Clara-Fication together on pinky, ring and thumb nails. Blend OPI GelColor in No Room For The Blues with Dreams Need Clara-Fication on the middle and pinky nails and apply OPI GelColor Kiss Me on My Tulips on the pointer finger. Cure for 30 seconds.
- Repeat Step 4 on the left hand and cure for 30 seconds.
- Using OPI GelColor in Black Onyx draw in the lines and details of the butterflies. Cure for 30 seconds.
- Lastly, apply OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds.
Mickey Guyton, who was a performer and nominee at the Grammy Awards, rocked a “playful and tasseled look” styled by Samuel Rodriguez (@samuelmakeupandhair) who used several products from Oribe Hair Care.
Rodriguez broke down his process for achieving this look:
- Wash hair with Beautiful Color Shampoo and Conditioner and add a few drops of Power Drops Hydration & Anti-pollution Booster for a bright and vibrant hair.
- After the wash, add Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray, Balm d’Or Heat Styling Shield, and a few drops of Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil for a heat protection “cocktail,” to give the hair a beautiful shine.
- After hair is dried, create tasseled waves for movement and bounce.
- Finish the style with Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray for a soft textured look.