As a small business owner, you constantly have a million balls in the air, and it can be difficult to remain focused on any one thing, let alone the long-term goals of your business. Today, practicing mindfulness and maintaining an organized space are trending topics because they’re actually effective practices. Ronit Enos, business strategist and performance coach, teaches salon owners how to manage their business—from understanding financials to gaining leadership confidence— with a “million dollar mindset” through her Salon Cadence program. Here, she shares six things that every owner should do in order to find clarity and achieve mindfulness.
1. Get Organized. You can’t be productive if you don’t have clarity, and you can’t have clarity if you’re surrounded by clutter. Get rid of anything that you haven’t used in a year and organize your life to create space. Enos highly recommends the KonMari method by organizing consultant Marie Kondo. “It’s a systemized method for decluttering that allows you to let go of the things that you don’t need, both emotionally and physically,” Enos says.
2. Create a Calendar. Set up a calendar with reminders, and schedule time in the morning and evening for rituals that foster happiness, creativity and success. It takes 90 days to create a ritual; by scheduling these things, you ensure that you’ll accomplish them instead of trying to squeeze them in at the last minute.
3. Prep Your Meal. Meal prep creates space in your life. Choose two days a week to prepare three meals a day for about three days. Your brain needs healthy food to function at a high level, and having freshly prepared meals keeps you from hitting up fast food.
4. Make Time for Personal Development. What do you want to develop? Schedule time for it! Whether it’s advanced education, reading self-development literature or even getting a message, schedule that time to make sure it happens.
5. Meditate. Most highly successful people meditate. There are tutorials online and plenty of apps like Headspace that will teach and guide you on how to meditate; it will change your life. Decluttering your mental space is as important, if not more important, than decluttering your physical space.
6. Work Out. Physical activity affects the brain, so make sure to do at least 20 to 45 minutes of exercise each day. It will boost your mood by triggering the release of feel-good hormones and chemicals like endorphins, which can improve brain health.
“When you have clarity and a healthy mindset, you can accomplish anything,” says Enos. “Dream big. You can and will attain your goals.” For more of Enos’ tips on achieving freedom and success and to learn about Salon Cadence, visit ronitenos.com.
[Image: Getty Images]
This story first appeared in the May/June issue of Eyelash magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.