Salon pros wanting to deep dive into business, motivation and next-level mindset, are invited to Beauty With a Purpose on Sunday, Sept. 17, 2023 in Oak Brook, IL.
Panelists from across the beauty industry and more will be giving back and sharing their blueprint to success. They will be sharing their achievements, failures and peaks and valleys, in a straightforward, dynamic and no-nonsense way.
This one-day industry event is a movement that is packed with influential beauty industry leaders, artists and brands, joining together to support beauty professionals at all levels of their career through development, networking and connecting. The event promises the tools, guidance, inspiration, knowledge and motivation needed to succeed at every step of your journey.
Julie Hightower, founding Board member of the Daisie Foundation, and Mireya Villarreal, founder of the Pink Pewter Foundation, created Beauty With a Purpose by coming together after partnering for many years with their non-profit organizations, and they wanted to bring it to the beauty industry.
“We know that it’s not always glitz and glam, when it comes to success,” said Hightower. “So, we have created this day of exposure and are pulling back the curtain so that everyone who comes to the event goes home with a blueprint to success that empowers them and gives them tangible information to grow their lives and livelihoods.”
“All of our speakers that have come together for Beauty With a Purpose are bringing their heart, their spirit of give-back, and their proven track record for success that has earned the right to share their stories of success,” adds Villarreal. “We want to give the knowledge you need to stay in the beauty industry and to elevate yourself by attending and being a part of this movement."
Beauty With a Purpose is a full day of motivation, collaboration and partnerships with award-winning speakers with vision, heart and spirit.
The all-star lineup includes presentations by:
- Ben Mollin, The Ben Mollin Project, @thebenmollinproject
- Denise Soler Cox, Project Eñye, @projectenye
- Kim Roxie, Lamik Beauty, @thekimroxie
- Dana Fountain, Beauty Platform Creator, @msdana4hair
- Mireya Villarreal, Pink Pewter Foundation, @mireya_villarreal_
- John Mosley, Popular Nobody Brand & Salon Centric #ItTakesaPro, @popular_nobody
- Christopher Aaron, Salon Centric #ItTakesaPro, @christopheraaronstudio
- Jesse (Kirby) Perez Gil, Artisan Hair Sodality, @kirby_hairartisan
- Danielle Keasling, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @danielle.keasling
- Michelle O’Connor, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @michelleoconnorbeauty
- Anna Manukyan, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @amanukyan
- Adina Pignatare, Digital Content Creator, @adina_pignatare
- Taylor Leven, Barber, Owner of Headspace, @badgirltaytay_
- Julie Hightower, Daisie Foundation, @abetterdaywithjulie
- Corey Gray and Tony Stuart, Your Day Off Podcast, Hairdustry, @hairdustry
- Larry Roberts, Larry’s Barber College, @larrysbarbercollege
- Elizabeth A. Kiracofe, MD, FAAD, Aria Comprehensive Dermatology, @drkiracofemd
- Mr. Johnny Wright, Celebrity Stylist, @johnnywright220
- Lynzie Smith, Common Wealth Collective, @common.wealth.co
- Jenny Strebe, Aiir Professional, @theconfessionsofahairstylist
- Kelly Ehlers, The Tease, @readthetease
Unlock insights from the beauty industry’s top leaders during the Executive Q&A Panel, including:
- Frank Fulco, CEO, America’s Beauty Show by Cosmetologists Chicago, @americasbeautyshow
- Kareema Wilson, Vice President Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Salon Centric, @saloncentric
- Deneen Pappalardo, SVP of Sales and Education, Benefit Cosmetics, @benefitcosmetics
- Nick Stenson, SVP of Stores and Service Operations, Ulta Beauty, @nickstenson
Denise Provenzano, co-owner of Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, IL, and of the Wahl Barber Academy, Chicago, IL, is generously sponsoring a Cosmetology full-tuition scholarship and a Barber full-tuition scholarship to two individuals.
Proceeds from the inaugural Beauty With a Purpose event will benefit students of Larry’s Barber College, including struggling stylists, students, and barbers. In addition, grants will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate financial hardship that is preventing them from getting to the next level
Beauty With a Purpose is sponsored by: Pivot Point Academy, Wahl Barber Academy, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Salon Centric, Ulta Beauty, L’Anza, Urban Decay, Benefit Cosmetics, America’s Beauty Show by Cosmetologists Chicago, Aquage, Rusk, Popular Nobody, Hairdustry, Marlo Beauty Supply, The Tease, Artist on the Go, ICUT, Shiraleah Chicago, Mane Space, Illinois Beauty CEU Partners, Stylists Supporting Stylists, Daisie Project, Peer Beauty, Pin Me Up Chicago, Pink Pewter Foundation, Daisie Foundation, Malibu C, AIIR, Joe Flano, The Original Midwest Tradeshow Chicago, The Original Barber Brand, Mizani, and more.
Save the date and get tickets today! Sunday, September 17th, 2023, 9am - 5pm at The Hilton Oak Brook Hills, 3500 Midwest Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Attendees will earn 6 CE Hours + 1 Sexual Harassment CE Credit Hour that is required in Illinois. Tickets at https://www.pinkpewter.com/bwap2023.
Please be sure to #BeautyWithaPurposeFoundation and tag @beautywithapurposefoundation.