Skin isn't the only thing that suffers from the dryness of winter; hair is prone to excess moisture loss and brittleness during the cold months as well. Help your clients re-moisturize their locks for spring and summer with these tips from hairstylist Antonio Prieto.
- Be gentle: Use a gentle, moisturizing shampoo. Try Kerastase Bain Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Treatments: Both salon and at-home treatments will help. Help your client find the best regimen for her hair type based on the damage.
- Do it up: Avoid hot tools when working with a client with dry, damaged hair. Instead, help her stay on trend by creating a loose, boho braid to restyle her hair.
- Shampoo every day: If hair looks dirty, advise your client to opt for dry shampoo to get rid of excess oils.
- Style without protection: Always style with protective spray when using hot tools. Try Kerastase Vernis Nutri Sculpt which acts as a barrier between hair and hot tools.
- Style every day: Teach your client how to use styling tools to their advantage and add longevity to a blowout or style.
[Image courtesy of Jennifer Brent]