Tom Brady wasn’t the only one who caught our attention during last night’s Superbowl. With lions, fire and a sporty-chic ponytail, Katy Perry undoubtedly stunned on stage. Redken Styling and Grooming Expert Jenny Balding shares how you can recreate this look for your clients in just a few simple steps using must-have Redken styling products.
Get the Look:
1. Start with a directional blow-dry, meaning blow-dry the hair toward the crown to create the ultimate ponytail. Mist Redken Pillow Proof blow dry express primer throughout damp hair and comb through, then apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse from roots to ends to add more grip to the hair.
2. Make sure to blow-dry hair upward and back toward the crown around the whole hairline.
3. Sweep hair into a high ponytail right above the crown for a super glam look. This will only work if your client's hair is long enough or you are attaching hair extensions to the ponytail to extend.
4. Once in a ponytail, take a small piece of hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the base.
5. Mist Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray all over for control and humidity resistance. This anti-humidity hairspray is versatile and flexible so you can easily shape and maneuver the ponytail.
6. Finish by using misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over for the ultimate shine.
[Image: Getty Images/Kevin Mazur]