Demi Lovato is notorious for her ever-changing, expressive hair color from purples to pinks to greens; she’s tried them all. Last week, she teased her fans with an Instagram photo featuring hair coloring must-haves, including PRAVANA hair color. Fans were left guessing what her new hue would be until she took to her Instagram once again for her BLUE reveal with the hashtag, “#tealhairdontcare.” Nine Zero One Stylist, Amber Maynard created Demi’s look using PRAVANA ChromaSilk VIIVDS hair color!
PRAVANA Stylist, Jamie Muniz breaks down how to duplicate Demi’s look:
· Pre-lighten the mid-length with Pure Light Power Lightener to a level 9, where prominent gold tones are still present.
· Lift the ends with a higher volume of developer to reach a level 10, where there are little to no yellow tones left in the hair.
· This base will create the transition of slightly greener to bluer teal.
· Shampoo, rinse, and dry the hair completely.
· Apply 3oz. VIVIDS Clear + .30 oz. VIVIDS Blue + .15 oz. VIVIDS Green to the pre-lightened strands.
· Process 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
· Shampoo, condition and protect the color with ChromaSlik VIVIDS Aftercare.