The cloud-inspired collection at the Issey Miyake Spring/Summer ’15 show in Paris saw a natural, ethereal hair look. “Issey Miyake’s collection took cues from cloud formations and graphic fabrics so I used this concept to create hair that was otherworldly and soft,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman. “I shaped the hair, alluding to an opposing force between the slicked down middle part at the top of the head and the floating bob at the back.” Eugene then added a hair veil that hung over the models’ faces and swayed as they walked down the runway. “The overall hair look has a certain fluidity that perfectly complements the collection,” added Eugene.
Get the Look:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Prime damp hair using one pump of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to give the hair volume.
3. Divide the hair into a center part, and starting with the back, section off the lower third of the hair.
4. Spray Wella Professionals Stay Firm Hairspray liberally at the roots and brush the hair flat to the head. Spray and blend the hairspray from the roots to the ends so the flat finish gradually extends to the ends.
5. Repeat this on the next two sections of hair until you reach the crown and you have a tight, sleek silhouette around the top of the head.
6. Repeat the process again on the side sections of the head, leaving a thin veil of hair at hair line for a wispy veil effect.
7. Use a hairnet to hold the top section flat then lightly spray the back of the hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz to create an arid texture.
8. Take a bristle brush and softly tease the lengths of the hair.
9. Tie an elastic two thirds down the length of the hair then tuck the ends into the elastic and secure it underneath the ponytail.
10. Next, fold the hair under again and use another elastic to form a rolled ‘bob.’
11. Tease out small pieces of hair at the back of the head until you have a light, wispy finish.
[Images courtesy of Devries Global PR]