The hair look at the Antonio Berardi Spring/Summer 2015 show was a beautiful exercise in blended textures, with a hint of Japanesque. To complement the overall look, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman created a dual-texture, slightly romantic up-do. Says Souleiman, “I took my inspiration from the beautiful fabrics and themes in the collection, where Antonio had mixed Kimono style florals with Military sharpness. I wanted to interpret these qualities via the hair, so I created a sleek, graphic panel through the top of the head which was completely flat and shiny, then blended this with a loose, looped ponytail at the back of the head."
“To add a hint of romance, just before the show, I teased out pieces of hair to give a soft, floaty effect which dramatically caught the light and added graceful movement as the girls walked down the catwalk,” added Eugene.
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Rough blow dry the hair then spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz on the roots and blast again to get a textured lift.
3. Next, straighten the hair so it is and sharp and sleek.
4. Section out the top middle panel of hair, then starting from the back of the crown, spray Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray close to the roots, then pull back with a fine tooth comb, making sure you keep the tension in place.
5. Once the entire panel has been sprayed and is pulled back, dry the hair with a diffuser to create a perfectly flat finish.
6. Brush the remaining hair with a soft bristle brush to create lightness, then gather the hair back in to a loose, low pony tail. Tie with elastic, then loop the pony tail over itself and tie again.
7. Next, secure the top loop to the head using bobby pins, to create a soft, rolled finish to the side sections.
8. Finish by teasing out small pieces of hair for a soft, fly-way effect.
[Images courtesy of Devries Global PR]