Redken Creative Consultant Guido brought a modern state of hair to the New York state of mind at the Hugo Boss Spring/Summer 2015 NYFW show. This natural, minimal hairstyle created a rich, sophisticated feeling on the runway. Guido blow-dried the hair smooth using Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion, and then created form and structure at the top of the hair using Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray for a contrast of textures.
“Hugo Boss tells the story of a very upscale, modern woman, and this is a very sophisticated hairstyle that is perfectly achievable for the modern day woman," says Guido. "The clean center part, wide open face, and natural texture in the back make for a very simple style, yet it feels very done and polished. I used Satinwear 02 to blow-dry the top of the hair, leaving the middle and ends natural. I cleaned up the hairline at the front using Fashion Work 12 so there is a bit of perfection to the look.”
Get the Look:
1. Begin with damp hair. Work a nickel-sized amount of Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion into the top of the hair.
2. Create a clean center part using a fine-tooth comb.
3. Blow-dry hair with a boar bristle brush, making it very flat and smooth.
4. Tuck hair behind the ears and then spray the crown with Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray to create a clean, distinct hairline and a wide open face.
5. Finish the look by lightly spraying the ends of the hair with water and allowing to dry naturally.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]