For his first collaboration with Proenza Schouler at New York Fashion Week, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a clean, cool look with a boyish vibe for the show. Using Control Addict 28 Extra High Hold Hairspray and Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion, Guido turned an everyday, simple hairstyle into a special, statement-making look that stunned on the runway and is easy to achieve at home.
“This hairstyle is very Proenza-feeling – very natural, but a little bit boyish and tough," says Guido. "I imagined a boy who gets those great lines when he combs over his hair. First I applied Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion throughout damp hair and blow-dried back and over, creating a rough side part. Then I used Control Addict 28 Extra High Hold Hairspray, my main product, just around the hairline to create a little bit of height and shine in the front. The wide-tooth comb helped create nice lines in the front of the hair, and then I left the back very natural to create contrasting textures. The finished look has a clean, cool-girl feeling with a bit of toughness.”
Get the Look:
1. Shampoo and condition hair with Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Apply a nickel-sized amount of Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion to the top of the hair, leaving the ends natural.
3. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair back and to the side, creating a subtle side part with height in the front for a comb-over effect.
4. Spray Control Addict 28 Extra High Hold Hairspray around the hairline and use a wide-tooth comb to achieve a little more height in the front with visible comb lines.
5. Thoroughly mist Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist on the top of the hair to create a shiny finish.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]