With inspiration from Björk and the neo-hippie phase of the late-80’s, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a mod-Mohawk with an innocent, girly vibe for the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2015 show. Mixing girly with punk, this charming style looks like it came from a rave to the runway. Using Redken’s new Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray, Guido created a Mohawk-like look by sectioning the hair into four small ponytails and twisting them down into tiny, tight knots for a young, fun look with a hint of toughness.
“This look is a continuation of last season with that very girly, punky vibe," says Guido. "It’s kind of the same girl, but she’s going to a rave now. I used one key product, Redken’s new Wind Blown 05, to achieve enough texture and hold so the hair easily goes up into these tight little knots. I started by taking the hair into four horizontal sections and bringing them into little ponytails at the top of the crown, twisting them down, leaving some ends out and then pinning them with fine pins. Nothing is perfect. The part isn’t perfect, so you get kind of a punky feeling. I put a little bit of water on my fingers to pull out the baby hairs around and sticking them to the face so it looks like they just came from a rave, but still a little innocent.”
Get the Look:
1. Wash hair with Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and Conditioner and let air dry.
2. Liberally spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray all over the hair to add texture and grip.
3. Divide the hair into four horizontal sections, using small elastics to put each section into a ponytail.
4. Twist each tiny ponytail down into bun and secure with small U-pins, leaving the ends of the hair sticking out to make it look more like a Mohawk.
5. Spray Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray on the ends of the hair to create piecey texture.
6. Wet fingertips with water and pull out the baby hairs around the face for a messy, almost sweaty finished look.
[Photo credit: Lucas Flores Piran for Redken]