When asked about the inspiration behind the hair for Tim Coppen’s Spring/Summer 2015 show, lead hairstylist Yannick d’Is for Oribe Hair Care replied, “What we’re trying to communicate is a feeling.”
D’Is wanted to create a sexy, youthful style for both male and female models that would make them look and feel as if they were part of an urban tribe. “Imagine hopping out of the shower and throwing a beanie over your wet hair,” d’Is explained. “You take your hat off right before stepping into the club and your hair is flat at the top and textured on the bottom. That is the look and feeling we are trying to recreate.” The result is a fun and fresh hairstyle that goes perfectly with the tough clothes from Coppens’ collection entitled “Jungle Sunrise.”
Get the Look:
1. Saturate the hair with Oribe Volumista Mist for Volume and Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray.
2. Use your hands to manipulate and mold the hair into natural waves, keeping the hair close and flat to the head. You can also use a wide-toothed comb to create even more definition.
3. Wrap the hair in a net and secure to the head. Diffuse dry.
4. Once the hair is dry, remove the net and softly break up certain pieces to create even more texture.
5. Finish the look with Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray to give even more life to the hair.
[Images courtesy of Oribe]