SUBOO Creative Director, Sue Di Chio’s Swim 2015 collection was inspired by the aesthetic and movement of modern dance. The collection focuses on the deconstruction of classic pieces with the juxtaposed intention of respecting and freeing them, simultaneously. While keeping in mind Sue’s vision of an athletically sexy, sophisticated woman, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin ￼created a girl who, ￼he says, “got a proper blow out in her home-town of Chelsea (London), had a sweat-session in the gym ￼the following day, and created her own version of a stylized up-do to pull the hair away from her face.”
1. Work the CATWALK by TIGI Bodifying Spray through towel-dried hair from root to tip; blow dry using a round brush to smooth the cuticle.
2. Using a medium size tong, create loose haphazard curls/waves throughout the head.
3. Create three, 3-strand braids (a large braid on top of head, two smaller braids at the side), taking care to create a bit of lift at the hairline on top. Secure all braids together with pins at the curvature of the back of the head.
4. Use fingers to loosen and texturize the braids and hair at the nape of the neck to achieve the desired “undone” look.
5. Finish with a bit of CATWALK by TIGI Camera Ready Shine Spray at the hairline and set the entire look with CATWALK by TIGI Work It Hairspray.
[Images courtesy of Siren Public Relations, Inc.]