Hairstylist Peter Butler for Moroccanoil created a soft, romantic up-do for actress Claire Danes at last night's MET Gala in New York City. Butler was inspired to complement Claire's elegant, strapless, Oscar de la Renta gown, as well as by designer Charles James' haute couture evening gowns and his way of elegantly dressing glamorous women.
Get the Look:
Prep: Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to damp hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
1. Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm.
2. Using a 1.5-inch barrel iron, curl 1-inch sections around entire head; apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy. Allow to cool.
3. Draw a deep side part and finger comb the hair into a very low ponytail, keeping the hair loose — not taut — and secure with an elastic.
4. Next, wrap the entire ponytail into a physical knot, pulling end of the ponytail through. Tuck end under and secure entire knot with pins.
5. Lightly pull out face-framing pieces and finish with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a shiny, gorgeous style.
[Image: Kevin Mazur via Getty Images]