Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler used Leonor Greyl products to create Kate Upton’s romantic up-do look for the recent red carpet premiere of The Other Woman in Los Angeles, CA.
Said Butler, "For Kate’s look tonight, she’s wearing a charcoal-grey, beaded, strapless Dolce & Gabbana dress that is incredibly beautiful with big Chanel diamond-drop earrings." To complement the style, Butler created a sleek look with Upton's hair pulled back into a chic knot in the center of the back of her head. With smoothed-down sides and tousled volume up top, the overall effect was sexy, romantic and stunning.
Get the Look:
1. Starting with damp hair, apply three big dollops of Leonor Greyl’s Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice - one on the top of the head, one split between the sides, and one on the back. Run it through hair from roots the ends, concentrating on the roots. Then blow out hair with a paddle brush for volume.
2. While blowing out hair, intermittently spray Leonor Greyl’s Spray Structure Naturelle section by section to give more volume, concentrating on the roots in the front to give them more strength and create the lift.
3. Next, apply a small amount of Éclat Naturel to each section of hair before curling with a large-barrel curling wand. Says Butler, "The Éclat Naturel gave the hair a bit more texture, an almost wet look, and nice separation for when I combed it out. This was really the key product to [Upton's] look, as it created that nice sleek, wet look we wanted."
4. For the front of the hair, use a smaller-barreled curling wand to create the shape, following up with a bit more Éclat Naturel to smooth down any fly-aways.
5. After finishing curling the entire head, pull hair back with fingers and secure it into a ponytail using an elastic band with hooks. "This really keeps the ponytail in place so the hair doesn’t slide and get loose afterwards," comments Butler. Wrap the ponytail around the base and use 4 hairpins to secure it in place.
5. To finish, mist hair with Leonor Greyl’s Lacque Souple, which helps to keep the shape all night.
Leonor Greyl products are available at leonorgreyl-usa.com.
[Image: Steve Granitz via Getty Images]