Teaming up with Sass & Bide for their Fall/Winter 2014 show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York, evo and Renya Xydis were all about creating dramatic, contrasting hair. “My girls Heidi and Sarah-Jane delivered a spirited collection that inspired an asymmetrical hair style,” Xydis says from New York. “It’s a mix of short with long and sleek shine against matte softness.”
The Novateur collection saw a combination of cocoon shapes, long lines, sharp modern volumes to create structure, embroidery, graphic checks and stripes.
Get the Look:
1. Wet hair through roots and mid-lengths with evo Salty Dog and dry until bone dry. Dry hair up for extra volume.
2. Set the mid-lengths and ends with the Cloud Nine Standard Wand for a disheveled wave.
3. Using a wide tooth comb, brush hair from the left to the right to create a comb over.
4. Apply evo Shape Vixen to hands and rake through roots to mid-lengths, keeping the comb over shape in place. Spray with Helmet Finishing Spray and set with a diffuser.
5. Just behind the left ear, start twisting hair down to the nape, creating a cornrow. Fasten clip over cornrow to secure shape.
6. Apply Love Touch to mid-lengths and ends and brush in with a wide tooth comb to finish the look.
[Images courtesy of The Moxie Agency]